There's something to be said for good service.
We had a huge crack in the plumbing stack from our kitchen sink to the basement floor. The crack was right at the spot where the pipe meets the floor. Food and other junk from our dishwasher had been pouring out of the pipe and onto the basement floor. It was stinking, it was ugly.
Called the plumber yesterday, left the door unlocked for him today (while I'm on the phone, working, on the second floor), and he took a look, gave 3 scenarios, priced the scenarios, and said he could send another guy over in an hour or so to take care of it.
An hour later, the other guy shows up, big smile on his face, well-groomed. Looks at the problem, says, "I can take care of this." Less than an hour later, he's done. Gives me a big smile, a handshake -- it was scenario 1, the least expensive scenario -- and he's out of there. I say to him, "Well, it's not raining or snowing, but it's a little cold." And, says he, with a smile, "And it's not even that cold."
A smile, a positive thought, a handshake. In. Out. Done.
That, my friends, is good service.
Now, if I could get that same guy to fix my work phone and find that runaway defendant....
...
...
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment