I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee last Thursday. Torn miniscus cartilage.
In order to recover from the surgery, I'm supposed to do a number of things. I tend to over-do things. Some things. For instance, I was supposed to put ice on the knee several times per day for about 30 minutes at a time. I have done this, but the ice-pack is so dang cold that I'm on the verge of getting frostbite.
This same obsessiveness with selective detail and care led to the death of more than one goldfish several years ago. I think I changed the water in the fish bowl too many times.
Time to take off that icepack. My leg is turning blue.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, I'll bite, and I can't believe I'm the first to comment...
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I absolutely resemble this trait. I have to work very hard to NOT overdo whatever the doctor's orders are, be it ice/heat or medications. Regarding painkillers (after dental procedures) I actually swing to the other end of the spectrum: I prefer to feel the edge of pain/numbing because I don't like the long-term side effects of over-medication.
Love the blog... please keep it up!
Hey, Sherm...
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've been trying to avoid the pain med thing very much. It feels good, but I noticed that in the morning my mouth felt like the Sahara Desert.
Thanks for reading...and commenting.