Thursday, February 18, 2010

The healing power of popcorn

Also on my mid-morning break, I sometimes pop a batch of popcorn. Not the mindless, microwave popcorn, mind you. We are talking about real popcorn. Made from scratch. Well, not really scratch, but from popcorn and vegetable oil and heat. On a stove top. Old school, baby.

I just popped a batch, and my mood is already improving.

I am thinking that a person could live forever on popcorn, sex and forgiveness.

In fact, if Jesus had had popcorn around on the night of the Las Supper, we might all be eating popcorn with our grape juice/wine every Sunday morning at church.

In order to share the joy, I will now give you my recipe for making popcorn:

put 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a pot-roast size pot.
add 4 unpopped popcorn kernels
heat on stove-top, on high heat
after the 4 kernels have popped, add 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
immediately remove from heat when the popping is down to about 1-2 pops per second
salt to taste

don't worry, be happy
you have popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment