Sunday, April 17, 2011

Skype, School of Rock, distractions, writing projects, Mozart

The beauty of Skype, I realized tonight, is that, although I really had nothing of import to say to my brother Paul, we were able to have a conversation nonetheless, partly, I think, because we spent a lot of the time just looking at each other....which is hard to do on the phone.

Sitting here watching "School of Rock" while Deb and I are drinking wine and she is grading papers. The best way to get through grading papers, I am learning, is to drink and to put fun videos on the TV. The wine is supposed to distract from the boredom of the grading papers, and a fun video that we've seen several times before is supposed to distract from boredom as well, but not too much, because the papers must, nonetheless, be graded. Although it might be a little scary to see how the grading goes after watching Jack Black as a substitute teacher.

My real writing project of the moment is to complete my vacation chronicle from last year. Dozens of pages of minutiae and detail that are probably interesting only to Deb and me. But, that's good enough for me, for reasons that you can probably figure out on your own. And if you can't, well, get with it!

Seriously, this is about as deep as it's going to get for now, because I've got this other writing project awaiting me....sorta like Mozart in that "Amadeus" movie. That requiem mass, asked for after his papa died. Actually, this has nothing do with the fact that my papa died....just a coincidental allusion.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment